WOSU Public Media
Who We Are: For nearly a century, WOSU Public Media has engaged, informed and inspired our diverse community. WOSU is a non-profit public service multimedia organization that distinguishes itself through a commitment to collaboration, community engagement and noncommercial, mission-driven programming.
What We Do: As an NPR and PBS affiliate, WOSU has grown over the years to include multiple broadcast and digital distribution platforms focused on distinctive areas of content: quality journalism, arts and culture and lifelong learning. Our current platforms include:
• 89.7 NPR News – Central Ohio’s only 24-hour NPR
station with local and global news and public affairs programming
• WOSU TV – with four unique channels of public television service, including 24/7 PBS KIDS
• Classical 101 – the premiere classical music station in Central Ohio
• WOSU Digital – extensive online and mobile programming, podcasts and blogs
• WOSU Classroom – providing formal and information educational experiences for all ages
Why We're Important: WOSU Public Media, through all its platforms, programs and initiatives, strives to ignite curiosity and connect the community. Whether through the news and public affairs programming of 89.7, the well-known and beloved Columbus Neighborhoods series, through lifelong learning opportunities, or even though engaging and insightful podcasts and Curious Cbus posts, WOSU remains a trusted community partner. As WOSU moves into its new, more visible headquarters in 2021, we will expand our service by fostering public engagement, encouraging storytelling and providing collaborative public space – all right at the front door of the Ohio State campus.
How We Impact the Community: Now more than ever, public media is essential.
• Trusted Source: Editorial independence, unbiased reporting and civil discourse are fundamental to all that we do. 89.7 NPR News is consistently named the Best Radio News Operation in Ohio by the Society of Professional Journalists.
• Access to Knowledge: Learning is embedded in our programs, events, and productions. Through WOSU Classroom, we offer learning opportunities to Central Ohio’s children, teachers and parents.
• Celebrating Culture: Connecting people to experiences that enrich and entertain is at the heart of our work. We connect our community to arts, music and cultural experiences across radio, tv and digital platforms.
• Elevating Voices: We shed light on the issues that affect our neighbors and ourselves. Sharing the wonder and richness of our community is key to engagement
How You Can Help:
• CONNECT: Watch, listen and engage – WOSU is everywhere you go
• INVEST: Help build the future of public media in Central Ohio by supporting the new WOSU headquarters
• MEMBER: Join the more than 28,000 annual members who support WOSU
Connect with WOSU Public Media
General Manager: Tom Rieland
Chief Development Officer: Laura Baker
Friends of WOSU Board President: Kathy McGinnis